- We believe in one God,
- the Father, the Almighty,
- maker of heaven and earth,
- of all that is, seen and unseen.
- We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
- the only Son of God,
- eternally begotten of the Father,
- God from God, Light from Light,
- true God from true God,
- begotten, not made,
- of one Being with the Father.
- Through him all things were made.
- For us and for our salvation
- he came down from heaven;
- by the power of the Holy Spirit
- he became incarnate from the virgin Mary,
and was made man.
- For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
- he suffered death and was buried.
- On the third day he rose again
- in accordance with the Scriptures;
- he ascended into heaven
- and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
- He will come again in glory to judge the living and the
- and his kingdom will have no end.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life,
- who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
- With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.
- He has spoken through the prophets.
- We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
- We acknowledge one Baptism
for the forgiveness of sins.
- We look for the resurrection of the dead,
- and the life of the world to come. Amen
- The Apostles'
| First Article | Second Article | Third Article | Lessons | Confirmation Instruction
Lesson 7 | Confirmation HomePage
| Confirmation Instruction | References
and Resources | Confirmation Instruction Overview