Seventeenth Sunday of Pentecost
Wicked Tenants Steal from the Owner
Matthew 21: 33 - 46
Mark 12: 1 - 12
Luke 20: 9 - 19
The Pharisees liked to listen to Jesus' stories, but they also had guilty consciences about how they had treated other people.
Jesus does not explain this parable, as he did some of the others, but let's see if we can figure it out.
1. In the story, who could the landowner represent?
2. Who could the servants of the landowner represent?
3. Who could the son of the landowner represent?
4. Who might the wicked tenants represent?
5. Who might the whole story be about?
6. Who did the Pharisees think the wicked people in the story represented?
Calendar | HomePage | References and Resources | Pentecost 21 Lesson